Thursday, June 6, 2013

Miss My Loves Summer Terraces in Helsinki

As you may know, I love food. See my post on food here. I love to cook and I love to eat. One of my favourite hobbies is going out to eat. I'm always looking for good restaurants in Helsinki. Sometimes it feels like looking for a needle in a haystack but there are some gems out there.

Yesterday I had dinner and drinks with two friends on a terrace at Café Piritta in Helsinki. I had the Ricotta-asparagus salad with crispy bacon bits, herb-marinated vegetables, croutons and raspberry-vinaigrette. It was a really nice salad. Not the best salad I've ever had, nothing beats the goat's cheese salad I had on a terrace in Paris, but it was good. The seagulls found my salad appealing too as they tried their best to get their beaks and claws on it.

It was a hot summer evening, the terrace was buzzing and the view of Töölönlahti was amazing. I just love summer in Helsinki and eating on a terrace is my favourite summer activity. That and picnics in parks. Eating outside just makes the food taste so much better. Especially accompanied by nice weather and an ice cold cranberry juice. Life is good.



View from the terrace.


For more information on Café Piritta go here:

http://ursula.fi/piritta/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate